Monday, September 9, 2013

Hello Kitty Bedcover & Pillows


My niece just turn 7 last July. If people ask what kind of gifts she wanted for her birthday, she will say something with Hello Kitty themes. Meanwhile she ask me something for her barbie just like last year. It took me 2 months to finished up the request because I still have no idea what to make. And then I remember that she had barbie's bed but hasn't had bedcover. So I decided to make bedcover and matching pillows.

At first I was thinking to make bedcover with fabric I have at home but then it cross my mind to matched barbie's bed set with hers. She plan to decor her room with Hello Kitty themes. So I decided to make Hello Kitty theme bedcover and pillows.

It took me 2 hours to work on it but it took me forever to find Hello Kitty theme fabrics. Finally I found a fabric that could work nicely as bedcover and pillows with small enough Hello Kitty on it. The fabric is the one you used to wrap a newborn baby. So the fabric almost feel like felt, smooth and soft but not as thick as felt.

Since my niece had a pull out bed, I make 2 bedcovers and 4 pillows. I also make one Hello Kitty face pillow from felt as decorative pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment