Sunday, February 12, 2012

My Very First Barbie



I remember bought a Barbie doll when I was in elementary school. I used my own money to buy the doll. It was Beach Blast Barbie (1989) with a blond hair and a hair clip that can change color into pink if you exposed it to the sun. At the same time my sister bought Skipper (Beach Blast Skipper). 
I always like played with my barbie. After a while I think my barbie need more clothes. So I start to make a simple clothes made of cotton, jeans and other old material I can found. At that time, I was able to used sewing machine or hand sewing. 
Besides clothes, I make barbie's bed. My sister bought pool side chair from some toy seller. It was a quite cheap. I also make Barbie's closet from shoe box. 
Beside sewing Barbie dress, I also learn to make crochet dress. One of my late aunt taught me how to crochet. At that time, I have plenty of dress with minimal budget. 
I'll make some picture of my old Barbie and the clothes I make if I went back to Jakarta.

2 comments:

  1. how come that you still remember that our barbie was beach blast series?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha... I remember the year and just search in google. Beach blast series was the series in 1989. After looking in the google, it's confirm that our barbie was beach blast series.

    ReplyDelete